Hon’ble Sri Justice P. Chennakesav Reddi was born on 3.11.1924. Educated at Board’s High School, Pulivendla, Cuddapah District. C.D. College, Anantapur and Law College, Madras. Enrolled as an Advocate in the Madras High Court on 28.7.1952. Did his Apprenticeship in the Chambers of Late Sri M.S. Ramachandra Rao, who later became a Judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court. Later joined the Office of Sri P. Basi Reddy, the doyen of the Criminal Bar who was later elevated to Bench in 1957. Set up independent practice since 1957. Appeared mostly in Civil, Criminal and Constitutional matters. Member, State Bar Council and Disciplinary Proceedings Committee of the Bar Council from 1961 to 1964. Worked as Central Government Standing Counsel, Special Police Establishment Cases from January, 1970. Was Legal Adviser to some prominent Government Industrial Undertakings.
Appointed as Additional Judge of Andhra Pradesh High Court for two years with effect from, 10.5.1972. Appointed as permanent Judge on 10.6.1973.