Hon’ble Sri Justice B. Prakash Rao was born on 25th May, 1949 in the village of Kolpak of Armoor Taluq in Nizambad District of Andhra Pradesh, India. Justice B. Prakash Rao had his higher secondary education in Jagtial of Karimnagar District. Graduated in the year 1969 from New Science College, Hyderabad and obtained Law Degree from the Osmania University in the year 1972.
Enrolled as an Advocate in the Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh in September, 1972 and joined the Office of late Sri M.L. Ganu, a renowned Advocate, attending to trial as well as appellate work. Set up independent practice from 1977 onwards in the High Court of Andhra Pradesh appearing in Civil, Revenue, Original, Writ and allied matters. Appointed as the Standing Counsel for the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation in 1981-82. He was the Member Secretary of the Rule Committee constituted by the High Court of Andhra Pradesh. Worked as a Government Pleader in the High Court of A.P., and was the Secretary of the Rotary Club of Hyderabad during the year 1998-99. Sworn in as Additional Judge of High Court of Andhra Pradesh on 17.5.1999 and as permanent Judge on 20.4.2000. Retired on attaining the age of superannuation on 24.05.2011.