Hon’ble Sri Justice A.V. Krishna Rao was born on 28.1.1916. Educated at Town High School, Guntur. Andhra Christian College, Guntur and Government Law College, Madras. Enrolled as an Advocate on 28th October, 1940. In July, 1949 shifted to Madras and on the formation of the Andhra High Court moved to Guntur in 1954 and then to Hyderabad in 1956. Did Civil work at the Bar. Appointed Additional Judge of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh for a period of two years with effect from 26th June, 1971. Appointed permanent Judge of the High Court on 10.5.1972. Retired on 28.1.1978. Died on 23.8.1980.