Hon’ble Sri Justice A. Gangadhara Rao was born on 1st July, 1921 in Nellore District. After having scholastic career, passed his Intermediate examination with distinction in History. Graduation from Madras University from 1940 and obtained his Law Degree from Bombay University. Secured First Class in LL.B. Enrolled as an Advocate of the Bombay High Court in the year 1948 and practised at Nellore from 1948 to 1954. Shifted to Guntur and later to Hyderabad and set up his practice in the High Court. Worked in the Chambers of late Sri Justice M. Seshachalapati who was then the Government Pleader. Was appointed as Additional Public Prosecutor and worked in that capacity from 1966 to 1969. He was also elected as President, High Court Advocates’ Association during 1973-74. Associated himself with student movement and was detained for about one year in 1942 in Central Jail, Vellore. Awarded Tamrapatra in 1974. Attended the World Conference for Peace and Disarmament as a Member of the Indian Delegation at Stockholm in Sweden in 1958. A social worker and Vice-President of Andhra Mahila Sabha Trust Board Elevated as an Additional Judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court for a period of 2 years from 7.3.1975 and later appointed as permanent Judge of the A.P. High Court from 30.6.1976. He retired on 1.7.1983 F.N.